Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet, sweet summer.


This weekend, Angus and I traveled to good 'ol Lancaster County. The trip was great, and it was nice to show off my pregnant belly at my baby shower that my mom and sister planned. They did a super job with everything. The food was awesome, and the favors and decorations were very "me" - little pots with herbs and rubber duckies everywhere. It was really nice to catch up with a family and friends who I don't get to see very often. I got a lot of really cute baby stuff, and it made everything seem way more "real." It's just crazy how much "stuff" comes with having a baby. My mission when I got pregnant was to borrow secondhand from friends and limit the amount of baby toys, gizmos, gear, etc. in our home. I just find most of it completely unnecessary and a little much. But, I must admit, it's really fun to get cute books, stuffed animals, and blankies that are brand new and will soon smell like our baby. We're still going to do our best to keep the "stuff" to a minimum but have fun with what we do receive. We feel so lucky that we have so many people who care about us and are as excited to meet this little guy as we are.



Finally, today I got to soak in what I love most about having my summers off - a long walk, a trip to the garden, an hour with my book, a Whole Foods salad, and a prenatal yoga class. At first it felt weird to have nothing to do, but then as it settled in, it quickly became freaking awesome.

Heading to meet Angus in San Diego this weekend for a mini-babymoon, and I can't wait to stroll on the beach with my b and my baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS