Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Follett frenzy.


I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed to admit this or not, but lately I've been absolutely obsessed with Ken Follett's novels. Last summer I read Pillars of the Earth, and while we were in Mexico over Christmas I read its sequel World Without End. Both books were 1000 pages of mind blowingly amazing stuff. Now it's this summer, and instead of using my free time to catch up on the latest young adult literature, I've been devouring Follett's other books one by one. I think what I love most about his writing is that he goes really deep into character development - so much so that I end up loathing some characters and deeply pitying others. Each of his characters is in his/her own way flawed which is incredibly frustrating but at the same time extremely satisfying as a reader. It's what makes them real people. Follett has a knack for capturing the sexual tension, jealousy, sorrow, and joy that each of his characters experiences. Maybe it's just me, but I think his books are pretty freakin' great.

The other books on my summer reading list include some big players like Atlas Shrugged and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and of course a few YA novels here and there, namely the third book in The Hunger Games trilogy due out this summer!! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS