Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where does it all go?

I know this is morbid, but I've been watching a lot of Six Feet Under lately, so that's my excuse. What happens to peoples' Facebook accounts, emails, Myspace, etc. when they die? Is there like an Internet vacuum that cleans things out every so often? I wonder how many people learned way more than they originally knew about their loved ones by reading their emails post-death...

Wow, that was not my typical random thought. Sorry. Just got to thinking about the vastness of the World Wide Web today. It's like a history book minus the dry questions at the end of each chapter.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! OK, snapped out of my weird moment.

2 comments:

  1. I just read an article about that today. Your friends or family have to send them an obit and they'll "memorialize" your account. Apparently people were getting upset because, with the new facebook "people you might want to connect with" pages, dead people were showing up. I'll send you the link if I can find it again!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS