Sunday, May 8, 2011

For my mother.

Dear Mom,

I know these past few months have presented more challenges than sometimes we know what to do with, but I want you to know how proud I am of you and how you've handled all of it. As our mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, and Dad's wife, you've risen each time to meet the challenge head on, deal with it, and demand the best possible for your family. Your motherly instincts to protect and nurture go into full effect, and you've stood by each of us as we struggle to accept what is happening and cope. I know at times it feels like it's all coming undone, but that is far from what is real. You are keeping us together and busting your ass to do it. You have continued on in your roles and amazingly have been an even better mom, wife, grandmom, and friend now in a time when you are being pulled in so many directions. I hope that everything gets better for you and for us soon, but even if it's still a long road, I have confidence that you will continue to fight and expect the best, and that's all you can do but at the same time, just what you need to be doing - that and no more. You have been truly inspiring to watch as you support Dad through this time in his life, take care of yourself, and put everyone else around you before yourself. I hope I too can handle it all in my life and show Calvin the kind of love that you and Dad have demonstrated to us. It's the best gift you could ever give. Just purely loving those around you.

You say to us how proud you are and how blessed we are to be the women we are, and I want you to take this moment - today - to say to yourself, "I am a good mother." You and Dad shaped who Katy and I are today. Without you, we'd just be two bumps on a log. :) I am so grateful.

Happy 58th birthday, and happy Mother's Day and Grandmama's Day, too.

We love you.

Your daughter,
Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS