Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hope Mama doesn't mind...

but I'm sharing her recipe for an amazing Thanksgiving side dish: Sweet Potato Souffle. On Sunday, I hosted my very first Thanksgiving dinner and cooked for ten people with the help of Angus and Danny. It was quite a success, and it sort of made me excited to cook for Thanksgiving in the years to come. Anyway, I have to thank my mom for providing me with the best recipes in the world! (Thanks, Mom!)

Sweet Potato Souffle

-2 cups of sweet potatoes; peeled and boiled until soft (can use a bit more if desired)
-1/2 cup of butter
-1/2 cup of sugar
-2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
-1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. of cloves
-1 cup of evaporated milk

Directions: Blend cooled sweet potatoes, butter, and sugar. Add eggs and blend again. Add seasoning and milk. Blend until smooth or slightly lumpy. Bake in a greased pan for 35 minutes at 375 degrees. The middle should look/feel like pumpkin pie when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS